Sunday, April 24, 2011

Addictive & Delicious

After baking for some of the doctors at work, I realized that I love baking for others. I love seeing the satisfaction on people's face. Of course, I want to work in a health care profession because that has been my dream... but how awesome would it be if I could open my OWN bakery. :) Maybe one day. I definitely need a lot more practice before then, but who wants to be my taste testers :) Here are Salted Caramel Cupcakes. I don't know if anyone has tried a salted mocha caramel from Starbucks during the winter but they are BREATH-TAKING. This recipe reminds me of those.

The Method:

*Use whatever recipe floats your boat. Chocolate cake or yellow cake would be equally as amazing.
*Find a basic vanilla buttercream recipe.
*I usually combine 3 sticks of softened unsalted butter
*1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
*2 pounds of confectioners’ sugar
*Add enough milk to reach the desired consistency (about 4-5 tablespoons).
*Hollow out a small circle in the center of each cupcake; I use an apple corer
*You can also use this piping tip from Wilton which allows you to inject frosting into cupcakes.
*Add in a bit of homemade caramel sauce
to the hollowed center, then replace the small piece of cake you removed from the center.
*Top the cupcake with buttercream frosting
*Finish with a square of homemade Vanilla Bean Fleur de Sel Caramel

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment